Franklin Five

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

Thursday, October 30, 2008

This Little Light of Mine...


Graham taught me a song he learned at preschool. It's to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot". I think it's kind of cute, kind of weird. :)

I'm a little pumpkin, short and round.
Here is my stem, here is the ground.
When I get all cut up, don't you shout.
Just open me up and scoop me out.
When we lived in Texas and were newlyweds, we had the wonderful opportunity of serving in an inner city church with some godly families. One of our friends from that group carved a pumpkin with the kids on a Wednesday night around the time of Halloween. I remember as she carved the pumpkin she made an analogy to our relationship with Christ. We are like the pumpkin with a lot of yucky gunk inside of us. When that stuff is inside, no light can shine through us. When Christ opens us up and makes us clean, His light is able to shine through us and be seen by all.
I'm gonna let it shine,
let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

There's a really neat children's book called The Pumpkin Patch Parable by Liz Curtis Higgs...describing just what you said.

That is an adorable picture!