Franklin Five

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Peace, Love, and BFF's

The title of this blog post was inspired by this sweet little girl and her shirt. This weekend, I drove to Charlottesville, VA to be a part of an annual girls' weekend with my three dearest friends from middle school/high school. Christine, who has been one of my best friends since sixth grade, moved with her family to Charlottesville a year ago to start a church. We enjoyed seeing her home, her new city, and her sweet family. We spent a lot of time talking, eating, walking, and talking some more. It was a great weekend, a great get-away, and a great reminder of the blessing of friends.






These girls have known me for almost twenty years. We've been through a lot together: youth group camps and mission trips, marching band practices in the summer heat, seeing boyfriends come and go, college days, lots of emails back and forth, engagements, being a part of each other's weddings, pregnancies, births of our babies, new jobs, moves, more emails back and forth, struggles, and many joys. These are the friends I tell my deepest struggles to and my greatest joys. They share it all and most importantly they pray for me, encourage me, and offer godly counsel. I'm so thankful for them.
I heard this song shortly after returning from my trip and thought it described my friends perfectly.

More Than You'll Ever Know

by Watermark

...I thought about the funny ways you make me laugh,
and yet I feel like it's ok to cry with you.
Something about just bein' with you
When I leave I feel like I've been near God
And that's the way it ought to be...
'Cause you've been more than a friend to me
You fight off my enemies
'Cause you have spoken truth over my life.
And you'll never know what it means to me
Just to know you've been on your knees for me
Oh, you have blessed my life
More than you'll ever know.

2 comments:

Anne Rodgers said...

I'm so thankful for you, Jo, and Christine and Nat. I love you all and will come back to this post often in the coming days when I need a lift. I guess that's what it might've been like for the early church to receive letters from Paul. Your blog post is my encouragement. Lots of love and hugs to you and your sweet family (even the little one in Ethiopia).

Tonia Joy Designs said...

What you write is SO true - SO real. Friends are from God and life our lives in the little and big ways. Makes me teary thinkin of my friends near & far. Thank you for sharing these thoughts about your dear girlfriends...you are blessed!