Franklin Five

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August

In some ways, August has gone by very quickly. In other ways, it has dragged on. Each day, I think about our daughter and when we will get to bring her home. It looks like we will not be going next week, and I am now really hoping for the next embassy date on September 15. So, we will wait another few weeks to find out when we will travel.
We have had a lot of fun things happen in August, and they have all been good distractions for us. Every year, we love going to our county fair that is just down the road from us. The boys love the hands-on farm, seeing the animals, the rides, and last but not least, the snacks. Graham and I rode the Ferris wheel for the first time and had so much fun.
One of my dear friends from Michigan, Marie, flew down for a visit without her kids. Heidi and I loved spending time with her. She wanted to help me make a scrapbook for Lidiyanna, and it was a special treat for me. Marie and I used to teach together in MI, and now she's got three kids and one of the way. She remains such a precious friend, and I cherished our time together.

Tim and the boys went out on the lake with my brother and his boys. All the boys enjoyed swimming in the lake, but none of them wanted to tube. Maybe next year.


I thought it was cute that Wesley sat on Graham's lap while one daddy skied and the other drove the boat.





Perpy came to visit and to attend a shower some friends gave me. She got to celebrate Graham's first day of school with us by going out for ice cream.

Finally, Graham started Kindergarten and he loves it! It's amazing to me to see the transformation that has occurred in him over the last year. He has grown up so much, and it's such a joy to watch it happen. Yes, I have had to fight back a few tears as I've watched him walk into school, but overall, it's been a very positive experience. A new door in his life is opening, and I am excited for him.


1 comment:

Doug and Shelly said...

Hi! We're in the middle of our Russian adoption, and I just found your blog. You have a beautiful family! I'm excited for you to add your girl!