Franklin Five

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Finally



After three months, I'm finally starting to feel more settled here in Canada. We've settled on a church, and that's a great feeling. We hope to get involved in a small group and I intend to join the women's weekday Bible study in September.

We've gotten to know two families that are here with Nissan from the states, and it's been really fun to have some fellow Americans to get together with. Even though their kids are a little older, our kids have had fun getting to know them.

I've made a friend in the area through a connection in Nashville and she and her kids have already worked their way into our hearts. My boys ask often when we are getting together with the Lilley's, and I always feel refreshed after spending time with this family. They are a true blessing from God and I know we are developing a life-long friendship.

We've continued to explore the area and enjoy the summer beauty before it slips away and winter starts to creep in. I am looking forward to the Fall here as I know apple farms are a fun autumn treat. The beach remains to be the boys' favorite summer activity, and we recently found a park that has dirt jumps where Graham can ride his bike. Going on long bike rides with the kids has been my favorite part of the summer.

The summer has been long and challenging at times, but God always provides and I am feeling hopeful about the direction He's taking us in for the Fall.



1 comment:

Perpy said...

Praise the Lord for answered prayers!