Franklin Five

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

Monday, January 27, 2014

Green Grass

Winter seems to be pushing me out of the Canadian door, making it easy for me to say good bye to the Great White North.  It's been cold, windy, and harsh, and as the ground remains frozen and hard outside, my heart has struggled to find its warmth.  Tim has been working long days and hopping on planes to travel here and there for work.  With family far away and a feeling of being trapped inside, it's easy to get discouraged.

I've been looking at the calendar a lot, counting the days until our moving truck comes, hoping for greener grass in Tennessee.

As I've been struggling to keep a positive perspective, the Holy Spirit has been whispering His love and goodness to me.  Through the company of my friends from my small group, the encouraging words spoken by a good friend over the phone, an afternoon of sledding down a snow-covered hill with my family, and hearing the truth of God's word preached so powerfully at my church, God has been reminding me of some really good things in Canada.  Through a paragraph my son wrote at school telling of how he thinks his mom is great and through the love of my husband as he listens and cares, I am reminded of God's blessings that are all around me-right here, right now.

I think underneath all of the snow outside my window where I sit right now, there might just be some green grass.

No comments: