Franklin Five

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Humble Mom's Thoughts

Wesley has been struggling with reflux problems which was making him pretty fussy after each feeding and keeping him up at night. He is now on medication, and it has started helping a lot. We are all getting more sleep because of it. He is smiling more which is so fun to see. I can be feeling so tired or frustrated, and when he smiles at me, I instantly feel better.

Being a mother is the hardest thing I've ever done, but I know it's one of the most important things I'll ever do. These past six weeks have been extremely difficult, but God has been teaching me so much through it. My time with Him has become more precious to me, and He is showing me how much strength and wisdom He can give me when I feel so drained.

I feel so blessed to have two healthy boys, and being a mom brings me a lot of joy. It also has humbled me and shown me my weakness and need for God. For this, I am thankful. When I am weak, He is strong.

Several verses have really stood out to me during this time and here are a few of them. I hope they can encourage some of you.

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:21-23

Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalms 28:6-7

By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me-a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8


6 comments:

BlessingintheBattle said...

Well said, Jo. You are a great mom and those little guys are blessed to call you mommy.

Perpy said...

Precious Jo, how grateful I am you are part of my family. How grateful I am my two precious little guys have you as their mom! I know because of your love for our Heavenly Father that you will teach them all about Him so they will come to love Him at an early age. What more could a mother or mother-in-law ask for in the mother of my grandchildren! The Lord bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you and give you peace.

I love you,
Patsy

Kimba said...

Beautiful words, Jo. Thanks for sharing your heart. I look forward to hanging out with you today.

Christine Hoover said...

Jo,
That is encouraging! You are a wonderful mom...it's hard to see that when you're exhausted though, huh?
I'm glad the medicine is working!!!
Christine

Jonathan said...

Hi Ms. Jo,

My mom wants to tell you she loves you and is praying for you. We are glad that Wesley is feeling a little bit better.

We can't wait to see all of you!

Love,
Jonathan

Pam said...

I love the verses you shared Jo. Thank you.

Yep, being a mommy is hard work. So glad the Lord "gently leads those that are with young."

Thank you for this encouragement today.

Blessings,
Pam Comstock