Franklin Five

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

Friday, October 04, 2013

She's here!!



After several months of waiting and praying, Isabella received her visa and made her way to Canada arriving today.  The kids and I met her, her mom, Kellen, and the interpreter, Jean at the airport.  We brought them back to our house and fed them bowls of chicken tortilla soup.  I think it may have been too spicy for their taste but they ate all of it.  Before I could even get up, Kellen and Jean were at the kitchen sink washing the dishes.  Graham said, "Wow, Mom, you are going to like this!"  I was really touched by their willingness to help.  They both seem so grateful, appreciative, and hard working.  Yes, I think we are going to get along just fine!

Later after we had some time to unwind and get familiar with each other, I asked Kellen when she got to know God.  It was through her daughter's heart condition that she sensed her need for God.  She surrendered to Him and His plan for her life, and she placed her daughter in His hands.  I am praying her faith is strengthened as she watches the Lord work.  She has left behind two sons and a baby girl to accompany Isabella to Canada.  This journey has not been easy for her and as she will have to watch her daughter undergo open heart surgery, there are more difficult days to come.  Yet in her eyes, I see a warmth and strength.  As I told her today that I had been praying for Isabella, our eyes met and I felt the connection between two mothers.  Yes, I think we are going to get along just fine!

No comments: