Franklin Five

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Tennis and a Swiftly Moving Deer

Grandpa likes to play tennis, and fortunately, we have some tennis courts in my neighborhood. So, I got to learn a few things about tennis. Notice the stick in my hand. You really don't need sticks to play tennis, but I always like to pick them up and carry them around when I'm outside.
I'd like to tell you about a crazy thing I saw today in my neighborhood unrelated to tennis. Mommy and I were outside in our front yard sitting on the steps when along came a deer. This deer was running very quickly through our yard, into the street, and through the neighbor's yard. We have some woods and farmland around our neighborhood so Daddy thinks it found its way home. Mommy was a little startled though to see a deer so close. She made me go inside for a few minutes. Silly Mommy! I think the deer should come back and play with me and Shelby sometime. Mommy said she doesn't think that's a good idea.

2 comments:

Perpy said...

Wow! A real deer? Did you get scared? I know you said Mommy did! But I know you protected her! And you helped play tennis? I know that stick helped a lot! You'll have to show Perpy how to play when I come see you!

I love you,
Perpy

Jonathan said...

Hi Graham,

You are so lucky to have a deer! I haven't seen one since my big summer trip to see my grandparents.

Can't wait to see you next month!

Love,
Jonathan