Franklin Five

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

Monday, June 04, 2007

So long pacifier!





About a week ago, I put my pacifier in my daddy's big penny jar. Mommy wasn't too sure she could get it out, so there it sits...separated forever from me. Now I wonder why I did such a thing, but Mommy assures me I don't need it anymore. She gave me a soft Elmo doll to sleep with so I won't miss my paci too much. Sometimes I still ask for it and miss it, but I guess I can make it without it. At least I still have my beloved blanket. Don't worry, it won't fit in the penny jar.

It does take me much longer to go to sleep at naptime, but Mommy says after about a month, I won't even remember it. When I think about it, I can go in Mommy and Daddy's bathroom and see it in the penny jar. I like to visit it now and then, and I added another paci to the jar a few days ago. I found a paci under a dresser and Mommy insisted that the paci in the penny jar needed company.


So long, paci! Thanks for the many days and nights of sweet comforting bliss.

3 comments:

Perpy said...

You are such a BIG boy, Graham! Perpy is SO proud of you for giving up your paci and sleeping in your big boy bed without it.

I love you,
Perpy

BlessingintheBattle said...

Yippee, Graham!! We are so proud of you! Maddie is trying to give up her bottle now...mommy took it away on her 1st birthday...she is struggling a little with it...maybe you can come here and show her how to put it into a penny jar?

We love you SO much, Big Guy!

votemom said...

your bed looks really cozy graham!