Franklin Five

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Airport Homecoming

My cousin, Andrew, brought his friend, Jen, to the airport to take pictures when we arrived home from Ethiopia. I knew it would be a special moment when Graham and Wesley would meet their sister for the first time, and I was so thankful Jen could capture the moment for us.

We had some great friends meet us at the airport, too, but they met us downstairs at the baggage claim. We had a few minutes with the family before heading down to see our friends. I was so exhausted after over 24 hours of travel with a sick baby, but I could not wait to see my boys. I remember walking towards them and seeing them waiting for us behind the glassed-in area. My eyes welled with tears and I gulped back the lump in my throat. The long-awaited moment was finally here. My children would all be together, and we would finally see what God had planned for our family long ago.

If our homecoming was just a taste of what we'll experience in heaven when we are finally home with our Father and the loved ones who have gone before us, I cannot wait. What a glorious day it will be!!
Perpy and Andrew meeting Lidiyanna






My dad and the boys watching us walk towards them.



Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

2 comments:

The Howe Family said...

This makes me well with tears too. Thanks for sharing those sweet moments.

BlessingintheBattle said...

Tears, tears, tears. How precious. Love you.